In my research on an ink removal specialist from Dawn Maestas, I learned that ink removal is an advance treatment designed to partially or completely eliminate tattoos. In some cases the removal of a tattoo can result in scaring or unpigmented areas of skin. During the removal, a laser uses high energy light to break up the ink of a tattoo into tiny particles, that get absorbed. Tattoo removal can cause some slight discomfort, but that can be fix with some local anesthetics. Tattoo removal sessions differ from the size, color, type of ink, and whether the tattoo is old or new. The average tattoo removal specialist makes from $200 to $500 per treatment session.
https://www.docshop.com/education/dermatology/body/tattoo-removal
 |
| An image of what ink removal can do |
The theme that I found most interesting is women on the police force are given the easier jobs. In Pat Hays story, she explains how she was given the duty of the youth division and she says,
"If they found a lost child, then they would call the women in, because the men really didn't want to deal with the children anyway" (Isay 159). I find this to be true because I know of some women that are on the force and that are given the lower/ easier jobs because men do not what to deal with them.
The best vocabulary word that I have found in Callings is Replete. Replete is to be filled or well-supplied with something. I learned that this word is like saying someone is well fed or full.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.