Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Journal 9 Duncan Driscoll

Part 1- My research question was for Barbara Butler. I wanted know what exactly are FMF Corpsman responsible for, and what percentage of all military are female. A FMF is "a marines best friend." They are a bit crazy. A FMF main duty is emergency treatment. They are expected to go into battle and fight the enemy as well. http://work.chron.com/corpsman-marines-6677.html
About 15% of the military is female https://www.statisticbrain.com/women-in-the-military-statistics/
Part 2- I thinks its very important for pioneers like Barbara Butler in our society. Today females are taking career fields that used to be stereotyped as "man jobs." In order for us to progress, we need the best of the best at every position regardless of gender.  

Part 3- The best vocabulary word I have found from Calling is brazen. It means bold and without shame. It remind me of the quote "speak your voice even if it shakes." I think its important to stand up for what you believe regardless of what others think.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to do barbara butler too! She's very interesting and you wrote a good part of FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FMF's are super crazy. The thing they are told to do like emergency battlefield treatment is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its a great thing that females are breaking stereotypes and they should.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...