Monday, November 13, 2017

Journal 9 Karan Kapoor

I did research on the ink removal specialist Dawn Maestas. I looked up the salary, age, becoming an ink removal specialist, and license. The salary they receive is $40,000 or even more on how they work. The age to become an ink removal specialist or tattoo artist is 18 years old and the requirement is to have some sort of schooling. The license's they have to get by the state government or be certified.

                                                  Someone receiving tattoo removal

I think the theme for this story is society follows what is trending. In the reading the women got a tattoo of her boyfriend and she said it's a waste of a tattoo. I believe people don't get tattoos for meaning, they get to make themselves look cool or keep up with a trend. I had a friend who got a tattoo because, his other friends got one too. It was such a terrible tattoo and had no meaning behind it, I was just so confused.

The best vocabulary word I have found from callings is stenographer. This is the best word I've found in the book because, I'm interested to learn about this word. I learned that a stenographer is a person that transcribe speech in shorthand. They are most common in the courtroom typing down what the judge says and the convicted say.






Link: https://i1.wp.com/montanalaserdoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Tattoo-Removal-2.jpg?ssl=1

2 comments:

  1. yes people just get tattoo to show off.i think there should be meaning behind the tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people might get a tattoo and it doesn't have meaning and they just like the way it looks. Although you and I might look at and think that it looks bad and is pointless. As long as they like it, that is all that matters

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...