![]() |
| My girlfriend Madison and I at my graduation ceremony. |
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Journal Two: Trent Swisher
My name is Trent Swisher. I was born, raised, and still currently living in Marion, Ohio. I absolutely love writing and I had a love for it ever since I was able to write. I write short stories, speeches, poems, and so much more in my free time. Writing is something I love and since I've always been a very reserved type of person, I leaned towards writing to make myself heard. For example, I wrote and submitted a class poem and out of all THREE submissions, I was chosen. I was able to go up on stage at graduation and share my poem with everyone. That's a feeling I'll never forget. A fun fact about me is I'm a server at Ponderosa here in town, come request me as a server if you'd like!
In A Long Way Gone, the theme that stood out to me the most in chapter four was friendship and loyalty. Regardless of all that was happening, from being chased by the rebels and traveling throughout villages, the six boys stuck together through it all. They didn't leave one another behind and they tried their best to help each other and to ensure their safety. I feel like this is important because loyal friendships such as those are a great thing to have and I think it's something we could learn from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being 13 John Mauritz
Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...
-
My favorite chapter in The House on Mango Street is Darius in The Clouds. In the beginning Esperanza says "you can never have too much ...
-
Poetry/writing is my personal escape. I love poetry and writing because it's my own therapy. I can write what's on my mind, how I...
-
Rafe, a 5th grade teacher at Hobart Elementary School, teaches kids who are fairly new to the United States. Most kids speak english as the...

I agree with you on that. Personal I feel like you always got to have that one friend or friends by your side when times are hard.
ReplyDelete