Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Kaleb Kincaid Journal No.2

My name is Kaleb Kincaid. I live in the village of Centerburg, Ohio, the geological center of Ohio. There are 3 traffic lights to give you an idea of the size. It is a little under a hour drive to Marion. I really enjoy music. I play drums, guitar, and piano, and I am very passionate about music. I am at Columbus 2 days a week and am a part of the OSU athletic band drumline, which does everything except the football games. These include volleyball, hockey, basketball, etc.  In my free time I also skateboard and hang out with my friends. I spend loads of time doing outdoor activities. I love traveling. So that is a little about me.


In the story A long way gone I see a constant theme about music and how music is his escape from all the attacks, so to speak. The brothers and friends were in a dance group and memorize lyrics to rap songs. The author uses precision and great amount of detail to clearly show us what is happening. The group is always walking great distances in order to see family. A question I have is how long before they are in the city that is attacked until they actual do something, because the author foreshadows this quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this also, because music is a big part of the book and the brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...