Callings
2) Callings connected a lot to my own life and it should honestly connect to everyone's life that reads it. We all have a story inside of us. Even through the ups and downs, take the lessons, and create your own path. Barbara Butler's story is what I found myself easiest to connect to. She started the military without a clear path but along the way, she discovered her calling. I started college without a clear direction but after taking a few classes, and finding out what I liked, and did not like. I can saw I discovered my path, just like Barbara.
3) My biggest take away from the book is no one is perfect. I know that is cliche, but no one has it all figured out. Everyone learns as they go and take the mistakes they have made, and make them into lessons. It is important to know there will never be a clear guide on how to get where you want to go. You have to find yourself along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being 13 John Mauritz
Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...
-
My favorite chapter in The House on Mango Street is Darius in The Clouds. In the beginning Esperanza says "you can never have too much ...
-
Poetry/writing is my personal escape. I love poetry and writing because it's my own therapy. I can write what's on my mind, how I...
-
Rafe, a 5th grade teacher at Hobart Elementary School, teaches kids who are fairly new to the United States. Most kids speak english as the...
I totally agree with the biggest take away from the book! It was very interesting how the callings was teaching us a important life message. I enjoyed reading your journal.
ReplyDeleteI also agree that it connects to everyone's life. Everyones story is unique and different, and hearing other people's impact on others should influence us and we should learn positively or negatively from their story.
ReplyDelete