Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Journal 2 John Mauritz

My name is John Mauirtz. I use to live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio before my father and my stepmom bought a house in Delaware after I had graduated high school. My fun fact was that I have ten pets. I have five cats, four dogs, and a bird. I enjoy playing video game, running, and watching Netflix. My major is Computer Science and Engineering. I would like to be a game designer when I graduate.

In the book, A Long Way Gone,  the theme that I found was about how that got into dancing and that was through the music that they would listen to when they would travel to Mattru Jong with their notebooks of lyrics and cassettes with rap albums (Beah 7). The brothers and friends tended to travel great distances with their clothes that they would use like their crapes. The author did a wonderful job in describing what they would do to get to Mattru Jong just to watch and observe the dancers on the television. This was important because this was a way that the children were able to block out the war with the rebels around them. My question is how is dancing going to be a bigger point in the future chapters.

1 comment:

  1. That is a strong theme because with all the negatively going on around them, they use music and dance to get rid of all the distraction going on around them. Its like there happy place were they can be themselves, I think its going to play a big role in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...