Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Journal Four Jeran Miller

So far I Think that these books are good to read considering I can fully understand what is going on without having to go back and re read anything because it didn't make any sense. For Beah, His strengths would be that he tells the reader events in great detail that almost makes them feel as if they were there. Another strength would be that he is very grammatically correct when he writes. One weakness I can think of for Beah is he doesn't have titles for the chapters. A strength for Cisnaros are that she writes with humor and she uses a lot of metaphors. A weakness for her would be that she doesn't follow the rules for proper writing but she makes it work. The book that I prefer is A Long Way Gone because I can get into the story of each chapter more because Beah takes the time and effort to put in the details of the event taking place in the chapter. To be honest, active reading isn't going so well because stopping to mark something in the middle of a paragraph breaks up the story for me too much. It ruins the emotion and how deep I get into the story when I have to stop and highlight a new character or a word I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...