The reading is going well so far, but I have a hard time referencing the quotes without the book. I try to keep up with both books and that is going well. The strengths I've seen from Beah is that he has a well mannered voice and his writing is well made. I do not see any weakness from Beah so far in the book. The strengths from Cisneros is that she knows how to engage the reader when she writes. She, also, does very well with the visualizing things through her life. The weakness, she has is that she hops from one story to the next, doesn't have a big picture, and she has very short chapters in the book.
Beah is running from village to village and he wouldn't look back. He went two days without water and he would be running scared at night because, he would see his shadow. As he was running he pasted a burnt village and he saw dead bodies. Beah describes what he saw in the bodies "their eyes still showed fear, as if death hadn't freed them from the madness that continued to unfold." (Beah 49) People should never encounter any dead bodies, especially little kids like Beah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being 13 John Mauritz
Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...
-
My favorite chapter in The House on Mango Street is Darius in The Clouds. In the beginning Esperanza says "you can never have too much ...
-
Poetry/writing is my personal escape. I love poetry and writing because it's my own therapy. I can write what's on my mind, how I...
-
Rafe, a 5th grade teacher at Hobart Elementary School, teaches kids who are fairly new to the United States. Most kids speak english as the...
yes, that the tricky part in cisneros when jumps one story to another
ReplyDeleteI agree Karan that nobody should ever have to encounter a dead body including children. I also agree that Cisneros like to jump around on her stories.
ReplyDelete