Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Journal 8 Duncan Driscoll

Part 1- Active reading is going okay, still not the biggest fan of it. I prefer to just use a single pen, underline key sentences, and write in the margins. Some strengths of this book are capturing the readers attention. It is very fascinating to read people's stories. You can never truly judge a book by its cover, we all have a story to tell. Weakness of the book are jumps from story to story. Each chapter is a complete new story and new characters. I understand that is the intent of the author but personally I am not a fan of.
Part 2- My research question was for Alton Yates. I wanted to know more about the program he volunteered for. Also why was it called the "Daisy Track"? I found out the tested sleds with humans on it to determine acceleration, deceleration, and the impact on the human body at these speeds. I also found out it was named after the daisy air rifle.
http://www.nmspacemuseum.org/content.php?id=58
"And so I became one the of the "human guinea pigs"  as were later known, who rode in high speed sleds" (Isay 33). I found no reported deaths in the testing process.
Part 3- The only thing I find attractive for staying in Ohio is if my parents stay here once they retire. Which I've been told is slim to none. I don't like the sports teams, drivers, and geologic features here. I see myself in 3 places when I am older for work. Washington, Michigan, or California. Anywhere that has the highest market for real estate.
Chart of best place to become a realtor in the United States  

2 comments:

  1. The story of Alton Yates is a good one. It's interesting to see what these people go through for tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Michigan and i love the view they have of the country side. My parents are talking about moving to Colorado so i honestly don't now if I'm going to be staying in Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...