Sunday, October 1, 2017

Karan Kapoor Journal Six

My favorite chapter in The House on Mango Street is The Earl of Tennessee. This chapter stands out to me because, Earl works really late and people really never see him. Esperanza describes what he does and how his wife never comes out of the apartment. It was interesting when she describes the wife because, Esperanza's mom says "she is a skinny thing, blond and pale like salamanders that have never seen the sun". This also stood out to me because, Esperanza sees the different appearance of the woman. The theme of this chapter is a neighbor living next door. The language was the best at when Esperanza's mom describes Earl's wife.

When I was little I was so used to winning and had no problem losing at anything. I could beat anyone in this video game and nobody could stop me. My uncle played me and I was getting ready to beat him like everyone else. I was so used to winning and got really cocky at everything. As the game finished, he beat and I cried cause I never felt the feeling of losing before. He taught me a valuable lesson in life that sometimes you need to lose in life to learn. After that day forward I learned sometimes you got to lose and learn from your mistakes. My uncle was a big influence on me because, of these reasons and it was very positive.

2 comments:

  1. I remember believing no one could beat me in madden when I was younger and my older cousin put me in my place real quick. Can relate to having a older family member humble you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to this because I used to beat anyone at literally any video game we would play until my sisters boyfriend came along and temporarily crushed my confidence. That is a very valuable lesson to learn!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...