Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Journal 7 from Jurell

Jurell Flewellen
English 1109
10/9/2017
Journal 7
The Horbart Shakespear was a very powerful story explaining to the people watching that every kid deserves an equal opportunity to showcase their unique talents. When the teacher told the people at the conference and stated “every child should get an equal opportunity’’. I totally agreed because every kid has a gift and it’s the teachers responsibility to develop them.
The teacher also said that discipling kids privately is very effective. When he caught those three kids cheating, the teacher talked to them privately. The talk went well. The kids were honest about their mistakes, made promises not to do it again and they moved on. I thought it was a good way to discipline instead of yelling in front of the class because this confrontation saved the kids from embarrassment and saved the teacher’s voice.
My experience of school wasn’t the greatest. The kids i grew up weren’t nearly as nice as the kids were on TV. Unlike the private discipline, one of the rare times I rarely get in trouble, I would get yelled at in front of the class.

My goal is to get A’s and B’s and to stop overthinking everything. I will complete these goals by sacrificing my lazy time and having the mindset of going by my first instinct. It won’t be easy but if I can stay consistent, I think I’ll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...