Monday, October 9, 2017

Journal Seven: Response to The Hobart Shakespearians -Karan Kapoor

The teacher's name is Rafe and he teaches kids from different parts of the area of Los Angeles. I think what the teacher is doing for the school is amazing. He is doing what a teacher is supposed to do above and beyond. I felt happy because, in our society today we are not getting teachers like these anymore. It showed me that teachers are still someone we can go towards when we need help in our life. I’m also, surprised when the students would engage in his class and interact with him. He told his kids that if you learn what you have done, then you won’t make the same mistake again.


In the documentary there were three kids that they would focus on; Alan, Amy, and Brenda.
These three kids had all different stories and they describe how they overcome their worries or fears. Alan was struck me the most because, his teacher told him that he would not learn english and was a failure. It’s all because, he needed to learn the lines over and over again. I relate to this because, I could not read up to standard versus other people and my teacher would send me to the principal office. She thought I was joking that I couldn’t read well when I really couldn’t.

I want to balance my school life with my social life next year. I will need to do more work on the weekdays versus the weekend. I need to talk to more people during school days and get out of my shell. I will reach these things by achieving these goals in the future and forward.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of teachers look as kids as numbers, and push them on to the next grade for the next teacher to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good balance between social life and school work can be difficult, but it is good to have that balance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its important to balance your school life and social life so that you dont get too stressed out or fail your classes

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...