Monday, October 9, 2017

Snapshot 4 John Mauritz

Music to me is a way to isolate myself from everyone else in the world. I am able to get into a "zone" that no one can interrupt. I enjoy listening to music or reading poetry because its a way to heal or no that you're not the only one that has been through something. I enjoy listening to R&B and hip-hop a lot, I also like to listen to pop music. I read some poems from the poet on Allen Edgar Poe. I don't tend to read that much of poems anymore unfortunately. Music also is a way for the singer to show how there life is through their songs. The different genres of music allows for people of different backgrounds to be able to express their selves.

I enjoy listening to the musician, Logic, because some of his songs I can relate to. When I listen to the songs, I know that I am not the only one that has been through these types of things. I really enjoy one of his new songs, 1-800-273-8255. That number is the suicide hotline number. Now I've never gone as far to say that I have thought of suicide, but I have felt depressed at times ion my life and felt lost. This song helps my cope by knowing that others are effected by depression all the time. Soon after this song cam out, I started to become less depressed because the song is very powerful in the meaning it has. In the lyric, "I feel like I'm out of my mind," I can relate because I've had that feeling where I'm not sure what to do and I feel like I'm not me. I feel that I'm sometimes a ghost that has no control over myself. I enjoy music because it's a way of therapy that can help anyone with anything.



Image result for logic
Logic was the musician that wrote 1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...