Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Kaleb Kincaid Journal 8 Desires and Dreams

The active reading is going better, I am really trying to mark important details and it is helping me understand what is going on. The strengths are that we are hearing the stories of lost ideas and are incredibly motivating to proceed and chase our dreams. It is so inspiring. The weaknesses or challenges are trying to figure out how the stories relate to me. So yes the main purpose is to follow your dream, but it is hard to relate someone else's success when I am just beginning my journey of becoming an adult and sometimes have little idea about their field or area of work.

I picked the funeral home business story with Don Byles and Mackenzie Byles. They own a funeral home in their family and Don is about to retire and pass it down to Mackenzie. The business has been in the family since 1904 and my question is are there any difference from doing funerals in 1904 to now in present day? And to answer that According to U.S. funeral history, the early 1900's is the more traditional way to do it. Parlors or funeral homes are common and promote public safety when handling bodies and showing the bodies. So not much has changed, which I am surprised about, over 100 years and not much has changed.
http://thefuneralsource.org/hi0301.html

For my future, Ohio is attractive place to live because it is just so familiar to me. The climate and surroundings I am used to. So it is attractive for that reason. Also just family is all mostly here so that is nice about Ohio. I think moving would also be attractive because I would like to explore and not stay in one place forever. I've been in Ohio for almost 19 years, maybe it is time to branch out and live somewhere different. And yes it is definitely a possibility to move. If I had to move somewhere, I would move to California. I visited over summer and it was awesome. The weather is a lot more consistent than Ohio and is on the coast so there is a beach nearby. That is my dream place to live at. I would be very happy to move there one day.
Related image
Venice Beach, California 


4 comments:

  1. I would also love to move to California. I agree with your strengths in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. California is always the move. The funeral home story was intersting, I'm glad you picked it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. California is a great place to live. You're strengths of the book are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i also want to move to cali and i agree the book is very inspiring

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...