Monday, October 2, 2017

Laughter,Journal Six from Cynthia

my favorite story from A House On Mango Street is Laughter. I feel that the theme is if you have a sibling or other family member, you may not look alike yet you still can be just the same no matter what. I feel that way because I have a cousin that I'm close to and we still don't look alike but there are times where we act the same and sound the same. I've always been an only child for a long time that she became a sister to me. Cisneros talked about in her story was "Our laughter for example. Not the shy ice cream bell's giggle of Rachel and Lucy's family, but all of a sudden and surprised like a pile of dishes breaking."
The one person that has the most influence on my life is aunt Nikki. She has always been there for me no matter what was going on i could rely on her for help. She has taught me so much over the years even if it all started out as small arguments over toys. Growing up my aunt showed me that life will be hard and you don't have to deal with it on your own, and it's okay to ask for help. To this day I still ask her for help or if I want to talk to i just call her and we just talk almost all day long. I don't think I would still be here today if it wasn't for her because I had many problem before becoming who I am today.

2 comments:

  1. yes, life is hard and you always need someone to help in that situations

    ReplyDelete
  2. The connection between your aunt is very strong and it is always good to have good people around when things get tough.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...