My biggest influence growing up was my cousin, Trey. He has always been there for me and showed me what to do to help around the farm. Because of him I joined musicals and plays and eventually opened myself up to people which I have never done before. Sometimes I can see a little bit of his personality in me when I react to certain things. Growing up we were basically the same person. We would get the same things for Christmas. wherever he went, I went. Today I am a better person because of Trey and how he let me be his right hand man through our early years.
Monday, October 2, 2017
Journal 6 Jeran Miller
My favorite story from The House on Mango Street is Papa Who Wakes Up Tired in the Dark. This story stands out to me because i have experienced a lot of losses in my family. One theme that I get from this story is that cherish the moments you can with your family because you never know when they'll be gone. Cosneros states, "My Papa, his thick hands and thick shoes, who wakes up tired in the dark, who combs his hair with water, drinks his coffee, and is gone before we wake, today is sitting on my bed." I think this is where the writing is its best for this story because it shows how the death of a family member has gotten to her Papa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Being 13 John Mauritz
Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...
-
My favorite chapter in The House on Mango Street is Darius in The Clouds. In the beginning Esperanza says "you can never have too much ...
-
Poetry/writing is my personal escape. I love poetry and writing because it's my own therapy. I can write what's on my mind, how I...
-
Rafe, a 5th grade teacher at Hobart Elementary School, teaches kids who are fairly new to the United States. Most kids speak english as the...
That is awesome that you were able to open up and try different things, more people should aspire to be like you.
ReplyDelete