My favorite chapter from
The House on Mango Street is Bums in The Attic. In this chapter
Esperanza wants nice big suburban house on hill with a garden, like one where
her father works. One weekend her family visits these houses and dreams about
moving there. Then Esperanza stopped going with her family because she is tired
of looking at what she cannot have. She also wants to live on those big houses.
She thinks that in future when she will owns one of these house and when bums
pass her house she will invite them in and give them a place to live in her attics,
because she know that how it feels to be without a house and says “I won’t
forget who I am or where I came from.” I really like this chapter because it
explains that how much successful you get but you should never forget your
origin or where you came from.
When I was 11 years old
my dad decide to get internet. I used to sit inside my room playing games and
watching videos on YouTube whole day. Once a family moved into my neighborhood
with three kids and a single mother. These three kids used to play outside
whole day. They would build mud ramps for their bikes and play all kinds of
sports. It was completely opposite of me. Everyday i used to watch them do
tricks with their bikes and scooters. It looked so cool and fun that it
encouraged me to go outside and play with them. They were so nice and friendly
that later they became my best friends.
I agree on that chapter. No matter how successful you become you should always be humble and remember your roots.
ReplyDeleteI like the story about how became friends with these people! It encourages people a lot!
ReplyDeleteNice Story. It reminds me of some kids who lived next to an apartment I used to live in, in Findlay, who did similar things.
ReplyDelete