Monday, October 23, 2017

Journal 8 (personal response to the book) Karan Kapoor

   The active reading in the book is going well so far! I feel like I've adjusted my reading habits from the house of mango street. I think my strength in the book right now is able to summarize the chapter and ask questions about it. A weakness I have from the book is the wording, there is a lot of words I do not know. The progress I made in the book is great, because the chapters come to me easier than the other books. The ideas are clearer and every chapter has a calling in the book. The idea is to follow your dreams.

   My research question was what is the process of becoming an NBA referee. In the reading I explored Marat Kogut and he showed me how motivated he was to become a professional referee. Mr. Kogut was one of 115 people that was taking a test to become a professional referee and he jumped through a lot of hoops to get there. The NBA only takes 5 referees a year and it shows he was
one of the best to get in. "When I took the written exam to become a licensed referee that November, about 115 people took the test. Thirteen only passed, and I was one of them".

    The attractive thing about staying in Ohio is to raise a family and stay close to family while up here. An attractive thing about moving for work is getting my dream job in Portland and having the chance to meet people outside of Ohio. The dream state to go to is Oregon, because one day I want to work for Nike. It's always been a dream of mine since, they released Lebron 4's.


Portland, Oregon













Link: https://nbaofficials.com

3 comments:

  1. I agree moving out of Ohio for career opportunity. It is too bad Nike will be out of business when Big Baller Brand takes over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all those words you do not know will make your vocab list the best of the class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think vocab should be an issue because the most of the words are pretty easy to understand

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...