Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Journal Eight: Trent Swisher

I feel like the active reading is going a lot better in Callings than the other two books. I feel more intrigued in reading these interviews that it makes me want to pay closer attention to their stories. The strengths in this book is how easy it is to follow. For the book being so fragmented, it's very easy to understand each interview and the language used by these people make it that much more enjoyable to read. I personally don't see any weaknesses or challenges yet.

One of my research questions was in regards to the interview between Ledo Lucietto and his daughter Anne Lucietto. Anne is a mechanical engineer and they were talking about how her dad knew it was what she was meant to do and how she discovered it.  I wanted to know how much mechanical engineers got paid. I found out that depending on the circumstance, mechanical engineers make 60-70,000 a year. That depends on the company, years worked, and other factors. In this interview, what stood out to me the most was how supportive her dad was. When she asked her dad if he was worrying about her he said "no, I do worry, but I'm very happy you're successful." A lot of people don't have that support system from their parents so it always stands out to me when I see it throughout this book.

Honestly, there's a much greater world out there filled with more opportunities than Ohio is capable of giving. However, the most attractive thing about staying in Ohio for my future is that I can potentially teach at the high school I graduated from. I do think it would be really cool to travel abroad and teach in different countries. I just think that would be a great experience for me. If I had to move I already know I would go to California. California is a place that has amazing opportunities, it's beautiful, and it's the place where the dreamers go to turn their dreams into a reality. That's why I would move there because I feel like I belong there.

Image result for hollywood boulevard
This is a picture of Hollywood Boulevard in California. It's breathtaking and I always felt like it would be the place for me.


Link: http://www1.salary.com/Mechanical-Engineer-I-Salary.html

1 comment:

  1. California is a nice place. i like to go on a trip there but not to live there lol.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Being 13 John Mauritz

Being 13 was a documentary about teens at the age of 13 and how they use their social media. It was covered over 8 schools, with social medi...